A good warming curry is one of our favourite things to eat in cold weather. And since the sun has decided not to shine (well at least in Sydney) we are in the mood for more ‘fall food’ and ready to enjoy good warming dishes for a little longer. We promise, there is nothing fancy about that Coconut Pumpkin Curry recipe. But be prepared to get a standing ovation from the whole table! Sometimes, being able to transform a bunch of everyday ingredients into a mouth-watering dish can feel like culinary sorcery.
Using the Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin pouch as a base, this curry is super simple and quick to make. Sometimes speed and handiness are more of a consideration… The result? A warm, creamy, rich and coconut-y bowl of goodness. We are so pleased with the final result, we can’t wait for you to make it yourself!
In general, curries (like stews), tend to gain more flavour over time. Make this dish ahead and we promise that you’ll have a sudden urge to lick your plate!
- 1 Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin pouch (400g)
- 2 small broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ pumpkin peeled and chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup cashews, unsalted
- Juice of one lime
- A bunch of coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add the Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin pouch, pumpkin cubes and curry paste. Bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 more minutes, uncovered
- Stir in chickpeas, cashews, and lime juice.
- Top with coriander and extra lime wedge
- Serve with Rice or your favourite flatbread.
Did you know?
Pumpkin is a kind of superfood! Just a few reasons why it’s a great veggie:
- boosts immunity
- protects your eyes
- beneficial for your heart
- reduces inflammation