There is something inherently pleasing about digging into a bowl of Laksa. Famous as the “king of all noodles”, we certainly can’t get enough of the burst of flavours we get at every spoonful. Rich and fragrant with a little kick of spice to it, Laksa is a constant crowd pleaser.
Eating is one of life’s greatest experiences, right?
At Hart & Soul, we’re all over it! Have you noticed we’re trying to add a touch of the exotic to your everyday routine? The following recipe will take you straight to the streets of Malaysia, in a one way trip you’ll never forget.
Using only one pan, in less than 30 minutes you can have this variation of a traditional Laksa ready on the table, perfect as a warming starter or main course.
- 1kg Hart & Soul Laksa
- 1 bunch Bok Choy, sliced into 4 even servings
- 300g Rice Noodles
- 100g Snow Peas
- 4 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Spice
- Bean sprouts, to serve.
- Fresh Coriander, to serve.
- Sliced Red Chillies, to serve.
- Fried Shallots, to serve.
- Marinate the chicken thighs with the vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Add the mixed spice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until the chicken is evenly coated with seasoning.
- Prepare a deep pan for cooking on a medium heat (a wok or deep dish everyday pan is ideal), and add the chicken.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is browned on the outside and cooked through.
- Add the Hart & Soul Laksa to the pan.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles, bok choy and snow peas.
- Heat for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Serve the soup in deep bowls.
- Top with the bean sprouts, coriander and sliced chillies.
- Add the fried shallots to finish.
- Enjoy !